Hunter

Hunter
Chyea

Incubus

Incubus
the Crew

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Fianlly. This unit is over. Yo.

1) I faced a few rough spots at times during the theatrical play writing experience. First off, getting an idea was tough. We didn't really have brainstorming time so finding a subject to write on was a task in it's self. Once i found an idea, i liked being able to set my own sence. It was nice having so much freedom in my writing and being able to to my own thing. Making people imagine what i was thinking is a very rewarding thing.

2) I think writing a personal essay will be good times. Finding a subject however, will again, be difficult. Some things i could write about are my first days of school, be it in elementary school, middle school, or high school. I could write about my job and how much i enjoy it. Another subject could be the search of a college to go to. But one of my more favored subject would have to be about my older brother. I would write about his influences, be it good or bad, and being able to ignore the bad ones while picking up his good attributes and habits.

3) I know it sounds cliche, but my main advice would be to just stay true to yourself and be who you would like to be. Don't let others say you cant be something and stick to what you believe it. Temptations are out there, many of your peers could and will give in, but make an individual voice heard by not following down that slippery slope. When someone says that you cant, prove them wrong. When someone challenges you, go above and beyond and prove them wrong to embarrassment.

4 comments:

Grace said...

SPELL CHECK: FINALLY

Were these 'rough spots' facing you? did you talk to them? I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. However, your advice toward children is well put. I think that even as a kid it's hard to stay true to yourself, but if they start accepting themselves earlier then it will help them in the future.

:)

Grace said...

<@:D-I----<

True said...

i like your enthusiasm here about the personal essay. I also think that writing it about your brother could b a good idea. also, your advice to kids could be good, if they follow it. meow....

David R said...

I had the same problems. Great work.