Hunter

Hunter
Chyea

Incubus

Incubus
the Crew

Monday, December 10, 2007

David Reese, a Playwright: "Blogging is my passion"

1) When a play, or any work for that matter, is written, it is most talked about when people discuss it afterward. Therefore, it must convey a theme or an underlying message to be talk about. Also, a lesson learned or an evident theme is nice to have, because it makes a work easily understood. If widespread popularity isn't necessarily desired, then an expressed theme isn't required, which isn't usually the case. We read a short story last quarter about a young lady getting more attention then desired. This lead to a strong discussion about the topic and a clear understanding of what went on in the short story.

2) It is mainly the same concept as the first question. Longevity is present in writing when it attacks ideas that are present in all societies throughout time. Works that last longer than the pages they are written on are usually easily discussed and convey an important story or theme. A good story can also stand the test of time. If new generations are introduced to the work in positive ways, nothing can rid the world of that work. The idea of writing a piece of writing that would last longer then myself is an interesting idea. All it takes is one appreciative critic to spark interest.

3) Making a lasting impact on the world is one of my goals in life. There are many ways to do this be it music, writing, political stances, etc. It depends on what you are interested in. My medium for making a difference would be my actions, just to help people out when they need it. Talking to people and making their days easier is another one of my goals. I want to be successful, sure, but if i could do that while I maintain my original goals of staying down to earth and remembering my roots wold be ideal. Doing this through writing would be a tough task. I guess you could write a book about helping others and putting other people first while providing for yourself and keeping a healthy balance of this and why it is key in a happy life.

4 comments:

David R said...

good job.

Katie said...

I really like your response to question 3. I like how you recognize the importance of something as seemingly small as each person's individual actions. The goal to influence those around you with your actions is a realistic, yet influential goal.

Grace said...

I think that your goals of being a nice person, and making peoples' days easier is inspirational. I like how you mention being successful, but that you keep in mind your main goals of being a good person.

True said...

i like how your perception of a theme is what is perceived aftermward. it seems that the better the theme, the assurance of a positive reception and overall longevity