Hunter

Hunter
Chyea

Incubus

Incubus
the Crew

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Happiness

Happiness, like many emotions, is not easily explained. Usually happiness or the lack of, is what impact people's lives. To be happy is to enjoy something to a point where you are content. Happiness can fill a life and build a basis on how much you enjoy life. Happiness to me is doing the right thing. Happiness doesn't affect my life as much as it does others. Bringing others happiness is what makes me happy. Sure, a new car can make me happy but that last only for so long. There are many other things that bring deeper happiness and leave me with a sense of fulfillment, as stated above. Without trying to sounds corny, the people in my life who bring me happiness are my friends and family. Time spent without them is time wasted. People bring me more happiness than material happiness in my life. I appreciate people who see the "bigger" picture in life. Getting to the top without hurting others and making sure everyone bellow you is strong so you have a base to stand on is what i am all about. I would like to think that i impact alot of people and their happiness in a positive way. I do my best to pass on a smile or hold a door open. To affect the happiness of a third party through someone is my ultimate goal. My greatest need is social connection and acceptance. Being with a group of people is when i have the best time. That is when i am truly happy.

4 comments:

David R said...

I like seeing the bigger picture in life too, but it's good to stay grounded and keep things in perspective.

Katie said...

I Think you make a good point in saying that happiness is hard to explain. I had a tough time with it. It's really nice of you that you try to smile, hold doors because I know when someone does that for me it pits a smile on my face.

Grace said...

I think that being with people, and having a good time is always a good time. I think happiness really does come from other people.

True said...

your comments about social connection and acceptance were deep. nice thinking.